leave your inhibitions at the door
Seeing Sir-Mix-a-Lotta-Ingredient’s post on his Kreativ Blogger award reminded me that another person nominated me again for the same award. This is my second time winning this award so I was struggling with whether to even post on this again. But it was nice to get the recognition, so I’m going to pass on the love. Besides, I’m fricking going crazy with work and other stuff, so this kind of post is a no-brainer. But please read on, I promise I didn’t just dial this one in.
So if you missed the rules from the last time I won this I have to acknowledge the blogger that nominated me, give 10 facts about myself, and then nominate six others.
This time around it was Beth who writes the very funny blog White Elephant in the Room. Check out the post where she nominated me -the first four points alone will make it worth your while. The rest of her blog has really humorous stuff about food, travel, pop culture. Heck, the fact that she’s another Chi-town transplant is reason enough.
Here are six other blogs that I’m sure you’ll enjoy and why…
In the Bodega (wine reviews)
The Blissful Adventurer (food and travel photography)
Sleep, Eat, Gym Repeat (diet and exercise)
Chocolate and Raspberries (travel and fashion)
Thetwentysixthyear (Chicago memories)
I Am Simply Tia (food and drink)
Now ten facts about me…
1. I’m contemplating becoming less anonymous by starting to show my face here. Bad idea? Outside of the fact I’m not as good looking as I think I am….
2. With short hair. I’d love to grow my hair out more, but I start looking like a tool when it gets longer.
3. One of my all-time favorite quotes is from Outkast – “You only funky as your last cut. You focus on your past your ass’ll be a has what.” Words to live by.
4. The best part about getting my MBA is that it gives me carte blanche to say stuff like “manage expectations” and “carte blanche.”
5. I used to work in a movie theater in high school and we used to memorize entire movies. I’m really showing my age here, but two of them were Back to the Future and Ferris Bueller. B ut our biggest accomplishment was memorizing Out of Africa, a 2 ½ hour Meryl Streep all-dialogue chick flick.
6. I’m on team Peeta.
7. I live in Michigan and am all for supporting the local economy. But I really want a Range Rover.
8. I consider myself to be very environmentally conscious. That said, see # 7.
9. After many years of playing, I’m proud to say that I’ve elevated my golf game to garden variety suckery.
10. I’m lactose intolerant as evidenced by the several minute “break” between #9 and this one.
Aren’t you glad I shared these with you?