leave your inhibitions at the door
We recently had our second meet-up of local Ann Arbor food and drink bloggers. A few months ago, I posted about the idea and sent an open invitation to anyone interested. As you’ll recall in my post about the first meeting, it was an absolute success…
Oh wait, I didn’t post about that. I lost my camera for a while and then I lost interest in it. But don’t take that as a lost night. We had some good food, great cocktails, and awesome conversation at The Bar at 327 Braun Court.
Well, we met again a couple weeks ago at The Last Word, which has become one of my favorite places here in Ann Arbor. The food and drinks were fantastic and – GET THIS – we actually talked about writing!
In attendance at this meet-up were:
- Oliver, from The Winegetter
- Erica, from Now Entering Flavor Country
- The Sicilian, occasional contributor to that awesome blog – The Food and Wine Hedonist
- Rebecca, from Michigirls
- Karen, from Everyday Foodie Blog
- Patti, from The Palate of Patti
- Lindsay, from The Daily Sampler
– Gastroboy, from A2 Gastroboy
– Mike, from The Wandering Glutton
– Domingo, from Not Necessarily About Dinosaurs or Anything Else
These guys made the previous meeting, but couldn’t make this one –
– Meg, from Meg Goes Nom Nom
– Jessica, journalist for annarbor.com
– Joan, from Joanherzog.com
The Last Word
They have an EXTENSIVE craft cocktail list so, of course, I went ahead and had one of these.
Scott MacInnis is the chef there and he’s put together an amazing bar menu. I would highly recommend going there for dinner and ordering more than a few of these. Here’s some of what we enjoyed –
I thought that last one was the winner of the evening, until we were treated to –
To top off the evening Dom decided to order The Volcano…
We’re going to try to meet every couple months. To keep up on upcoming gatherings, go to www.meetup.com and look for “Ann Arbor Food and Drink Writers.” If you’re in the area, we’d love to have you. But not in a Hannibal Lector sort of way.