leave your inhibitions at the door
I just hit a major milestone in blogging – 5,000 page views. I think that’s pretty good as I’ve stumbled across some everyday person blogs (as opposed to staffed ones or ones from semi-famous people) that have been around for years and still have only a couple hundred views. I don’t believe that number means 5,000 people actually visited the site. It could’ve just been 100 people, one of which being a stalker who reads all of my posts a couple of hundred times, rolling around and getting dirty in my prose. Smoking a cigarette afterwords. Then stumbling out of the site with a broken heel and ratty hair. But I digress.
However many people visited, I’m truly honored to have my musings read and (hopefully) enjoyed. I was expecting this to happen in the next couple of weeks but last Saturday www.damnarbor.com posted about the Burrito Guide on their site. That shout-out sent about 40-50 people over to my blog. From there it looks like they stayed awhile. Their site is “A blog about life, Ann Arbor, and life in Ann Arbor. We are grad students, townies, and derelicts. We are to be feared.” Duly noted.
Way back in my first post, I mentioned that I had no idea what the purpose of this blog is. Five months and 5,000 views later, I still don’t know. I think it’s mainly to massage my own ego, but hopefully at some point it has entertained, provoked, informed, moved, introduced, reminded, and generally stirred, not shaken. I know it had to make some of you horny with posts on The Pussy Cat Dolls, JLo and Neil Diamond. Although, I should note that around 500 times, people Googled for pictures of Fergie and got to my post on Glamorous. So there were a number of readers who were already horny.
Does that water down my numbers? Probably, but let’s focus on the positive. One of the bright spots for me was that the Ying Yang Twins read my post on them and gave me a shout-out on Twitter. I tried to Rickroll them later, but they didn’t bite. And now, a sociology grad student used the Burrito Guide as his first example of “The Quantification of Everything”.
Here are some of the things that are coming up…
– I started posting on Top Chef Texas and, unless I really get pissed off, I’ll continue to do so.
– And advice column entitled “Ask a first year culinary student”
– Extreme Recipe Makeover – Where I take the most god-awful recipe I could find – probably casseroles – and try to make them all high-falootin.
– The Burrito Guide goes international – I just received a review from Argentina, and I’m expecting some from England and Canada.
– Equipment Reviews – because I’m still trying to get corporate sponsorship.
– More travel eats, wine cellar cleaning, and of course more Guilty Pleasures.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.