leave your inhibitions at the door
So Heather at Seasoned with Sarcasm nominated me for the Liebster award…
And I thought we were friends… Just kidding Heather, I’m thankful. Everyone should go over there after reading this post. She wrote the Girl-Crush Zooey Deschanel guest post, in addition to a ton of other awesome stuff on her own site.
For those of you not familiar with blogger awards, there are a few of these things circulating. There’s Liebster, Versatile Blogger, Sunshine Blogger, Inspirational Blogger, etc. etc. etc. They all pretty much work the same way – you get nominated by another blogger and then pass on the award to others like a chain letter. Some, like the Liebster, involve answering a series of questions about yourself before sending along. I really do appreciate the thought and it often is fun to read “secrets” about other bloggers. It also does introduce you to other blogs you may not have seen before, and vice-versa. That said, these things usually die in my inbox.
I had an idea for a blogger award that I still may launch – The Smokin’ Hot Blogger Award. It’s where you nominate a bunch of other bloggers that are, well, smokin’ hot. And I’m not talking about beautiful on the inside, because that could apply to 99% of bloggers, right? I’m talking shallow, appearances-only judgment. And there are several blog names I can rattle off right now that would deserve this award.
There are a couple problems, though. First, I’d REALLY hate to exclude a person even if I think that person is so ugly they make Lyle Lovett look like Ryan Reynolds.
The other problem is that I think there’s a lot of false advertising with profile pictures. So while a blogger’s gravatar picture may look like this…
In real life, they look Mickey Rourke….
This is a problem because I don’t want to be known as the guy with poor taste in appearances. I got integrity and shit like that.
Anyway, I haven’t responded to one of these awards things in a while, so I thought it’d be fun. This particular one involves answering questions about me, then passing on more questions for others to answer.
I thought I’d shake things up a little. I’m going to ask the questions, but I’m inviting you to answer one or more of the questions in the comment section. I worked long and hard on these things, so please do answer if you’re in the least bit inspired. And if you see any good answers (or responses from hot bloggers) click over and check out their blog!
First the ones that Heather posed –
1. If you could live anywhere, and money were not an issue, where would you live and why?
– St Barth’s. Tropical, French food, boobs everywhere, and celebrity sightings.
2. What is your go to meal when you’re having people over?
3. If a zombie apocalypse were to actually happen, would your strategy be to hunker down in your home and wait it out, or pack up what you can and seek a more secure form of shelter? (the zombie apocalypse version could vary – 28 Days Later scenario where they die off – best case. Worst case – Walking Dead where they NEVER DIE!!!)
– As Season 2 of TWD showed when Herschel’s farm got overrun, no home is perfectly safe. Keep moving.
4. What is your favorite music to cook to?
– Anything by Kanye West or Snoop Dogg
5. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
– Drivers who don’t go the speed limit with no one in front of them.
6. Describe your blog in one sentence.
– Ostensibly a blog that takes a humorous approach to food and wine but I rarely write about wine so it really should be called food-and-music-and-hot-celebrity-women.com but that’s way too long for a URL so I’ll just stay where I am and hope that no one calls me out on it. (No one ever said it couldn’t be a run-on sentence.)
7. If you could have celebs over for a dinner party, who would be your top 3 invitees?
– Lindsay Lohan, Megan Fox, and Kayden Cross. Or just Willie Nelson.
8. For the rest of your life, you can only watch one movie. What movie would that be?
– Damn, this is tough. Maybe Superbad? Or maybe an awesome porno.
9. If your life were a sitcom, what would the show title be?
– “Better than Emeril’s Sitcom”
10. Beef or chicken?
11. What do you do to relax?
– Play the piano or guitar
So now my questions for you –
1 – What would you want served as your last meal?
2 – Red, white, or Rose?
3 – What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen sparrow?
4 – Who’s the hottest blogger NOT named “The Food and Wine Hedonist?”
5 – What are your favorite pizza toppings?
6 – If someone said you can have x-ray vision but you’d be permanently cross-eyed, would you take it?
7 – How accurate is your blog profile picture?
8 – Got any naked pictures of your significant other?
9 – Do you want any?
10 – What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
11 – What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
12 – Who’s your daddy?